Sunday, July 14, 2013

Marriage, Baby and now Colic. Oh, and the besy soy free teriyaki you've ever had.

That's right folks- got hitched and had a baby who arrived 7 weeks ago. Instead of food, you get a baby pic this time!

Roo (the baby) is amazing, and everything I could have wanted. But we are both pretty sad about food, which is what got me posting again. Him, because his little belly is all twisted in colicky knots, and me because I am now in the elimination diet to end all elimination diets.
What do you eat in the U.S. when you cannot have:
Wheat
Diary (except eggs and butter THANK GOD)
Corn
Soy (soy lecithin is in everything!)
Onions
Garlic
Peppers
Legumes
Chocolate
And probably shouldn't eat nuts.
 ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I cried in frustration over breakfast this morning.

But I am trying to see this as a challenge to my culinary genius instead of limiting me to never eating out for the next however long. Thus I present you with the victory for the weekend, my soy/garlic/MSG free teriyaki sauce that tastes as good as anything I've ever had in Seattle. And Seattle knows their teriyaki.

You will need:
1/2 Cup amino acids like Braggs, or in my case Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos
1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 Tsp Sesame Oil
3-6 shakes Ume Plum Vinegar
Splash (in my case several) Rice wine vinegar
Large knob of fresh Ginger, grated.

Combine all of this in a jar or  container with a lid, and shake vigorously. Taste test to see if you want more vinegar or sugar. Cook your teriyaki veggies or meat about half way, then throw 2/3 of the sauce you just made into the pan, turn up the heat and allow to bubble down until syrupy. Should take less than 5 min.

Super YUM
xoxox


No comments:

Post a Comment